When you've decorated a room but something is still missing, an area rug could be the perfect finishing touch. The right rug will tie everything together and complete the overall look. Here are 10 tips to help you narrow down your options and find the best rug for your space.
1. For high-traffic areas like the living room or entryway, choose a durable material that can withstand being walked on regularly. Natural-fiber rugs like sisal and seagrass work well in high-traffic spaces.
2. If you're buying a rug that will be walked on often, select a fiber that is soft for your feet. A sisal and wool blend is great for foot traffic.
3. Measure your space before choosing a size. If needed, you can create a custom size to better suit your room.
4. If buying a rug for your dining room, be sure the rug is large enough so that you can pull out chairs without scratching the wooden floor.
5. Add a rug pad for comfort and safety purposes. A rug pad can provide more cushioning and will keep the rug from slipping and causing a person to fall.
6. Consider style. The earthy colors of natural-fiber rugs complement various interiors. If you want a colorful look or some fun patterns, try layering rugs for a designer style.
7. If searching for an outdoor rug, opt for polypropylene. These rugs are designed to handle the elements and work well in high-moisture areas.
8. If you have children or pets, choose a stain-resistant rug for longer-lasting style.
9. Choose a shape that echoes other shapes in the room. For example, a circular rug would look great underneath a round table.
10. Enjoy your rug for longer with our natural-fiber protector spray.
Ready to start your search? Shop our selection today and add the finishing touch to any room with a stylish area rug.