At the end of a long day, you need a place where you can go to relax and de-stress. What better place than the one you already call your own: the bedroom! These simple tips and tricks will help you transform your ordinary bedroom into a resort-like space.
- Install a dimmer switch and light a few candles at night. With the overhead lights dimmed and candles glowing, all you need is some relaxing music in the background to create a soothing space.
- Surround yourself with things that make you happy. This seems like a no-brainer, but many people decorate to make their bedroom look nice without thinking about what makes them happy. You can solve this problem by placing a few keepsakes, like family pictures, around the room.
- Choose soothing colors to decorate your room, like green or blue. These colors are believed to calm and help lower stress levels.
- Bring elements of the outdoors inside. Sometimes all you need is a few minutes outside to feel both energized and relaxed. At night, however, it's harder to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. Bring the outdoors into your bedroom then with natural materials, fresh plants and earthy colors.
- Tidy up in the morning. This might not be a decor idea, but it is a necessity when trying to create a relaxing space. If you come home to a cluttered room, you'll feel stressed no matter how many candles you light. Before heading out the door each morning, take a few minutes to make your bed and put your belongings away so you can come home to a clean room each night!