Not all rooms are well-suited for the standard rug sizes available today. Sometimes you need to add an inch or two to make it work. That's why Sisal Rugs offers custom sizes and shapes. With the ability to provide exact measurements and your own design, you can ensure your rug looks perfect in your home. Of course, you first have to determine what those measurements are before you can order a custom rug. Here are some tips to help you calculate the right size for your space.
- In the dining room, make sure the rug extends past the table far enough so that when you scoot back in your chair, the legs are still on the rug (not binding) rather than your hardwood floor. This prevents unnecessary scratches on the floor or damage to the binding.
- If placing an area rug in the bedroom, measure the area to ensure the rug extends past the bed far enough so that you have a cozy place to set your feet in the morning.
- You can use a rug to anchor living room furniture that is "floating." To anchor the furniture, order a rug large enough so that your seating and table fits completely on top of it.
- If your living room furniture is set up against the wall, measure the area to determine how large your rug needs to be for the front two legs of each furniture piece to sit on top of the fabric.
- When deciding how big an area rug should be, keep in mind that the rule of thumb is that rugs should be at least six inches from the wall, but no more than two feet.
After you've measured your space and have determined the right size, send your measurements to Sisal Rugs and we'll take care of the rest!