What Is The Softest Natural Fiber Area Rug?
A warm, embracing area rug makes all the difference after a long day on your aching feet. A soft layer underfoot provides the soothing touch your body needs to relax and rejuvenate. The myth surrounding natural fiber rugs is that they’re too coarse to offer such comfort. However, many natural fiber area rugs are exceptionally soft, making them the perfect choice for any home. Take a peek below for our five softest selections.
1) Lana Sisal Wool (55% Wool, 45% Sisal) – Similar to the regular Sisal Wool collection, Lana Sisal Wool rugs combine the soft feel of wool with the strength of sisal. Their defining basket-weave style produces a unique texture that’s striking to the eye and comforting on the skin. This best-selling style is available in seven colors.
2) Sisal Wool (60% Wool, 40% Sisal) – The softest of our natural fiber rug offerings, Sisal Wool offers the best of both worlds: the incredible durability and texture of sisal along with the smooth feel of wool. Choose from five colors in three different weaves to find the perfect match for your floors or interior design. Within the collection, the Cashmere color is the softest with a looped weave setting it apart from the other Sisal Wool options.
3) Jute Basketweave – Jute is one of the softest and most durable fibers, making it ideal for rugs. Our Jute Basketweave natural fiber rugs are handwoven in a basket-weave style, giving them a stunning, naturally soft texture. Available in two natural colors (Clay & Graystone), durability and softness make this rug one of our most popular selections.
4) Fuji All Weather – Although made from 100 percent polypropylene, the Fuji All Weather rug has the look and feel of a natural fiber rug. Featuring a looped weave, this rug is remarkably soft, much like the Cashmere Sisal Wool. Unlike natural fiber rugs, however, the Fuji All Weather rug can be used outdoors and in areas prone to water, like the kitchen and bathroom.
5) Chunky/Large Weave Sisal – Sisal rugs with larger and chunkier looped weaves tend to be the coziest. Two of our chunkiest, and therefore softest, collections are Sun Sisal and Mali Sisal. Mali Sisal features the largest looped weave, but Sun Sisal is a close second. Mali Sisal also comes in seven colors, ranging from light to dark, while Sun Sisal is available in three, light-toned colors.