How to Clean Indoor Outdoor Polypropylene Rugs
Indoor Outdoor Rugs are very versatile and can be used in any indoor room or outdoor space. Indoor Outdoor rugs are easy to maintain. They are made to dry quickly, resist fading and clean easily. Indoor Outdoor rugs are mold and mildew resistant, and UV stabilized. They will last a long time if cared for properly. Follow these easy steps on how to clean Indoor Outdoor rugs:
How to Clean Indoor Outdoor Rugs:
- Immediately remove any spills from your rug by pressing firmly with clean, white paper or cloth towels working from the outside of the spill inward to avoid spreading. Continue blotting (blot do not rub) until no moisture transfers to the towel.
- For solid spills, scrape up solids with a dull knife or nail file. Then follow step # 1.
- For red wine and tomato sauce, dab with a white cloth dampened with club soda to neutralize the spill and remove any possible stain.
- Wash with a hose on both sides. Use a mild soap for more soiled rugs.
- Let dry. The rugs will dry faster if you elevate them off of the ground by laying over furniture.
- Blot up as much of the spot as possible by pressing firmly with clean, white paper or cloth towels, working from the outside of the spot inward to avoid spreading.
- To neutralize odor, mix ¼ cup of white vinegar with ¼ cup of water. Alternately dab a towel dampened in the solution and blot with a dry towel.
- Then follow procedures in Spot Cleaning.
Feces or Vomit:
- Scrape up any excess working from the outside of the spot inward to avoid spreading.
- Then follow procedures for Spot Cleaning.
Indoor Outdoor rugs can be cleaned with a hose on both sides. Use a mild soap for more soiled rugs. It's best to rinse the rug on a sloped surface, like your driveway, so the water can drain away. Indoor Outdoor rugs can also be cleaned using any of the normal rug cleaning services. Dry the rug in sunlight. Hang it over a porch railing in the sunlight. If you don't have a railing, lay the rug out in the sun to dry and flip it over to make sure both sides dry thoroughly or lay it over your outdoor chairs to allow for air circulation and quicker drying.
- Regular vacuuming or sweeping with a broom is the best care to keep the appearance of your Indoor Outdoor Rug fresh. Visible and loose dirt should be vacuumed with a strong suction vacuum. Do not use a beater bar. Vacuum the carpet from different directions, making several passes over the area.
- Although the need may not be visible, this frequent and regular vacuuming will increase Indoor Outdoor Rugs life by preventing soil build-up, and will help eliminate stains caused when spilled liquids dissolve soil accumulations.
Vacuuming Bound Rugs: When vacuuming bound area rugs, take special care with the binding border. Do not let the vacuum sit on top of the binding or catch the corner of the rug as it could damage the binding. Also, we suggest you vacuum in the direction that the binding is sewn so as not to pull up the binding from the rug. Do not use the beater bar when vacuuming. Rugs will not be replaced or repaired due to improper vacuuming or care.
Cleaning the Border: For routine maintenance of our woven fabric borders (cotton canvas and linen), simply vacuum the edge finish as explained above in Vacuuming Bound Rugs.
To maintain one of our Premium leather or Faux leather bindings, simply wipe the surface with a damp—not wet—cloth or sponge or a leather cleaner/conditioner.
Curled rug corners: When Indoor Outdoor Rugs are used as an area rug, traffic or shuffling of feet across a corner or edge could cause the edge to curl. It is easy to fix this by dampening the curled area, or placing a damp towel over the area and weighting it down evenly overnight. If severely curled it might be necessary to repeat this process. We also carry Curl Stop which is an anti-curling rug system that keeps corners flat and is safe for all floors.
Responsibility for cleaning and maintenance lies with those performing this work since the manner and conditions of rug cleaning or maintenance, and the cleaning materials used are beyond our control.