Guest bathrooms are easily neglected when it comes to décor. Most of the time, they serve as just another bathroom in the house or as a place to store overflow items from other rooms. If you’re looking to finally give some attention to your guest bathroom, use these décor items to give the room new life.
1. Towels – By far the easiest way to give the guest bathroom a makeover is with new bath towels, washcloths and hand towels. Use the towels to introduce new colors or designs to the bathroom’s look. Whatever the color, be sure to invest in soft, thick towels that will impress guests during visits.
2. A decorative mirror – Add a pop of interest with a decorative vanity mirror. Change up the shape with an oval mirror, or choose one with a decorative frame that will catch the eye.
3. Wall shelves – Guest bathrooms are usually smaller than other bathrooms in the house, and they often end up feeling cluttered. Combat this with wall shelves. They can add a decorative flair and provide storage for towels, soaps, candles and other small items.
4. A rug – Spruce up the boring bathroom floor with a rug. Polypropylene rugs are perfect for the bathroom because they hold up against moisture and humidity. Plus, they’re designed to look and feel like sisal so they’re soft to the touch and have a simple, natural-looking appearance.
5. Wall art – A simple painting or photograph can change the entire look and feel of the room. The best part is that it won’t take up a lot of space. To really pique guests’ interests, group three to five small prints together.
With these simple renovations, you can finally give the guest bathroom the makeover it deserves.