Nylon or Polyester Carpet: Which One Is Right for Your Property?
You’re in the market for new commercial carpet. And there’s no shortage of options. From all-natural fibers to synthetic materials like nylon and polyester, it can feel impossible to decide which commercial carpet is right for your property. After all, you can’t pick just any carpet. The flooring you choose directly impacts your guests’ experience, and it has to be durable enough to withstand heavy foot-traffic, as well as meet industry regulations and codes.
If you’re looking at nylon or polyester carpeting for your commercial space, but you can’t seem to decide which of the two fibers is a better fit, you’ve come to the right place. To help you decide which material to use in your building, read on for a comparison of the two options below.
Benefits of Nylon Carpet
Nylon carpet has long been considered the most durable synthetic fiber on the market. Its durability means it can stand up to long-term wear and tear. But that’s not all. Here are a few more key benefits of installing nylon commercial carpet:
- Resilience. The fiber bounces back from compaction and heavy foot traffic with ease.
- Stain-resistant. Nylon carpet is solution-dyed, which means color attaches to all fibers — not just those on top — to improve the fiber’s stain resistance.
- Recyclable. Nylon carpet stays out of landfills, keeping our planet greener for longer.
Benefits of Polyester Carpet
Polyester is a soft, comfortable, hydrophobic fiber, which easily repels liquid. Polyester comes in bright, bold hues, which can add a hint of personality to your commercial space. Wondering what else polyester carpet is capable of? Here are a few key benefits:
- Water-resistant. If your guests track in water or mud, or spill their soda or other liquid all over your floors, polyester carpet won’t stain or break down as a result.
- Sustainable. PET polyester is made from recycled materials (one of Spring’s top trends), making it a sustainable, eco-friendly option for your commercial space.
- Cost-effective. Polyester commercial carpet is typically less expensive than nylon.
Nylon or Polyester Carpet: Which One Is Right for You?
Both polyester and nylon are comfortable, durable options for your commercial carpet. Each material is treated to help prevent spills from becoming stains. Both nylon and polyester are soft-to-the-touch, providing added comfort for your guests or employees.
Although nylon is a bit more durable, polyester protects better against moisture and stains. So … which one is right for you? The answer is in the details.
Where will your carpet be placed? Is it more important for your commercial carpet to withstand heavy foot traffic, or protect against spills and stains? Do you want sustainable, eco-friendly carpet? Are you looking to save money? Each of these questions should be considered before you take the leap to purchase and install your new commercial carpet.
Want to see all that nylon carpet can offer? Check out our vast selection of nylon commercial carpet, complete with different colors, patterns, shapes, and borders.